Creativity Connects* is an initiative that shows how the arts contribute to the nation’s creative ecosystem, investigates how support systems for the arts are changing, explores how the arts can connect with other sectors that want and utilize creativity, and invests in innovative projects to spark new, collaborative ideas.
A key component of Creativity Connects is a grant opportunity in the Art Works category that supports collaborative, mutually beneficial partnerships between the arts and non-arts sectors.
Art Works: Creativity Connects projects mutually benefit both the arts and non-arts sectors by:
- Demonstrating the beneficial contributions of artists and creative work to societal health.
- Supporting the infrastructure for the arts to work in new ways with new sectors.
- Building bridges that create new relationships and constituencies.
- Creating innovative partnership projects to advance common goals.
Organizations may apply for any or all phases of a project, from its planning through its implementation.
Projects may include:
- The creation of art works through collaborations that benefit from active participation by both arts and non-arts partners.
- Projects that utilize artistic practice to support the creative needs of non-arts sectors, as well as the arts.
- Projects that explore the intersection of artistic creativity and creativity in non-arts sectors.
- Projects that expand the range of artistic practices, styles, and practitioners.
- Projects that explore employing artists in fields outside of the arts.
- Projects that develop support systems for the arts and non-arts sectors to work together and build relationships.
- Projects that use the arts and the creative process to address complex issues of broad concern.
- Professional development that cultivates creativity in the non-arts sector, integrates business strategies into artist training, or prepares the workforce in both sectors to collaborate in a variety of efforts.